Had enough of stay-at-home lock-downs, meal deliveries and endless web-surfing? Haven’t we all! So it’s time – FINALLY – for […]
Fun-In-The Sun Celebrations That Can Turn Deadly
Summer is here, so temperatures are rising. Fun-in-the sun celebrations like 4th of July are often coupled with family swimming pool parties. Go ahead and enjoy this summertime ritual.
But Beware: spending more time in or near a pool naturally increases your risk of children and pets drowning. Don’t let this happen to your family!
In the United States nearly 500 children under five drown in swimming pools each year, and the concern is just as real for pet owners as well. Drowning is the second leading cause of unintentional injury and death in children aged 1–14 years. An estimated 5,000 family pets drown in backyard swimming pools annually.
If you’re a parent or pet owner, you can protect your loved ones. Here are a few water safety tips from the Consumer Product Safety Commission:
- Never leave their child or pet unattended even for a moment.
- Teach your school-age children basic swimming, water safety and safe rescue skills.
- Teach children to stay away from drains.
- Make sure all pools and spas that you use or visit have compliant drain covers.
- Install proper barriers – railing, self-closing gates, covers and alarms – on and around your pool and spa.
- Know how to perform CPR on children and adults.
For peace of mind when spending time with your family and keeping your children and pets safe around the pool this summer, give us a call at 602-345-7481. Our iron railings and gates provide an attractive, long-lasting safety barrier.