For nearly 30 years, First Impression Ironworks has been part of the vibrant design community here in Arizona: Designers, architects, […]
Gifts for the Home
There are some people on everyone’s holiday list that are seemingly impossible to buy for. They are the ones who have everything, or have very specific tastes. We all have at least one who is like this. Those are the people who you leave until the absolute last minute to buy for, or you spot that special something in the middle of the year, and hold on to it for months in hopes of hitting the mark with them!
Sometimes, it’s just better to gift for the home. There are always quirky, cute and beautiful adornments you can find. We’ve come up with some great home gifts this season, to please even the pickiest of your loved ones. Read on for ideas!
1. Kitchen Accessories – In many households, the kitchen is where the magic happens. It’s where the family sits eating their dinner, where friends congregate over hot chocolate and apple pie, and where toddlers sit on the floor playing with pots and pans. For anyone who lives in their kitchen, consider cutting boards in fun shapes, like this one in the shape of a cow, cool salt and pepper shakers, sure to be a conversation starter, super cute mugs, or the latest in bamboo utensils. You don’t have to break the bank to make any kitchen connoisseur happy!
2. Yard decorations – No, we are not talking inflatable Santas or light up reindeer! Yard decorations made of wrought iron can be a fabulous addition to a front or back yard and can really change the look and feel of the approach to your home. You can find iron bridges, bells, plants, crosses and even beautiful trellises to grow vines from. Don’t see it on our website? Just ask – we can fabricate almost anything from iron. If you can dream it, we can make it!
3. Coffee table books – Give the gift of laughter this season with a funny coffee table book. Humorists like Tiny Fey, David Sedaris and Stephen Colbert all have best sellers that are sure to put a smile on your grandpa’s face. Or choose popular comic strip books with characters from the Far Side, Garfield and Peanut Street Gang to place on your favorite neighbor’s coffee table to entertain yourself!
4. Whimsical Objects – Cute and modern sculptures are sure to please the most discerning person on your list. Objets D’art are the latest trend in fashionable homes and can be displayed anywhere – the mantel, built-ins, shelves and even the bathroom! You can find them in the shapes of people, animals, buildings, abstract objects and everything in between.
5. Tech Toys – For the geek on your list, get something a little unusual. An underwater speaker system, a tiny camera or earbuds in quirky shapes. Anything that not many other people have will be a big hit with the techies. We guarantee it! There are a lot of tech trends in gifting this year sure to spark your imagination, many which can be used in and out of the home.
Whoever is on your list this holiday season, please make it a safe and happy one.
From our homes to yours, Happy Holidays from the staff at First Impression!