Of course a new front door for your home will spruce things up a bit. It’ll add a bit of […]
Longer Darker Hours Means Your Home is a Greater Target for Burglars
It’s getting darker earlier in the day and staying darker longer into the morning. This is the time that burglars use to expand their window of ideal times to wreak havoc on your home and neighborhood.
So it’s no surprise that October is National Home Security Month. Why not take a moment to enhance your home’s security for the safety of your entire family and your home’s belongings? National crime data shows homes without security measures are 5 times more likely to be burgled than those with. Taking just a few simple steps can make a huge difference in keeping your home safer.
Here are 11 easy ways to secure your home all year round:
- Secure your doors with well operating locks
- Install an Iron Entry Door or an Iron Security Screen Door
- Lock your windows when they are not open
- Add more light to your home’s landscape
- Set up an electronic security system or RING doorbell
- Don’t forget to secure all access points to your garage
- Change the passwords on your Wi-Fi network
- Check for and eliminate hiding places adjacent to your home or garage
- Add security cameras in vulnerable places
- Install a safe to protect your irreplaceable valuables
- Install home automation functions on your doors, lights, window coverings, etc.
- Check for any fire hazards in or around your home
The first thing that burglars do when choosing their target is to assess the level of security at your home. This includes the identification of common entry points inside your house as they want to enter your home without making much noise. A whopping 34% of burglars use the front door to enter your home. So – along with the tips listed above, adding security to your entryway is a great idea! Our Security Screen Doors make it nearly impossible for criminals to gain entry into your home. In fact, the simple spectacle of a heavy wrought iron door with a proper locking mechanism will deter burglars and keep your home protected.
Want more info? Click here for a Home Security Checklist.
First Impression Ironworks can help to secure your home! Adding an Iron Security Door, Iron Entry Door, Courtyard Gate, Side Yard Gate and Window Guards will deter intruders and add value, beauty, and safety. Give us a call at 602-345-7481 to learn more!