Confused by all your options when picking just the right look for your next home improvement project? With over 25 […]
The Right Questions To Ask Before Choosing A Security Screen Door
If you’re looking for a fresh new look for your home, consider having an Iron Security Door custom made to fit your style and your budget. An Iron Security Door is sometimes known as a storm door or a security screen door and the right one can add beauty, value and security to your home.
But not all Iron doors are the same. Here’s a cheat-sheet to make sure that no matter which company you choose to make this product for you, that you don’t make a mistake.
- Always look for a local manufacturer. You want 100% American Made steel iron doors. Beware of lesser quality foreign imports or companies reselling old and used products. All of First Impression Ironwork’s products are custom built to order right here in Arizona by our own highly skilled craftsmen.
- Look into the history and reputation of any company you’re considering. How long have they been in business? Are they licensed, bonded, and insured? What is their Registrar of Contractors license number, so you can easily make sure they are legit. Look up their history here. What is their rating with the Better Business Bureau? Look up their history here. What awards have they won for customer satisfaction, service, quality, and leadership?
- You can quickly learn a lot about a business by visiting one of their locations. Check out the size of their organization. Talk with their employees and get a feel for how they conduct business. First Impression has several conveniently located showrooms throughout the valley.
- Inquire about the frame size of the door. This will determine the strength and stability of the Iron Security Door. The smaller the frame, the more likely that it will warp over time as your home naturally settles. First Impression Ironworks provides the largest and heaviest door frames in the industry as a standard offering a 4”x1 1/2” frame for your iron security door to hang from.
- Keep an eye out for doors made with welded bullet hinges. They are far more secure as they can’t be easily removed by burglars like ‘H’ hinges can. First Impression’s welded bullet hinges will support over 600 pounds per hinge!
- Make sure that your door will be phosphate washed and powder coated before it’s installed. Paint will ultimately crack, chip, peel and simply not hold up under the harsh Arizona heat. First Impression’s power coat is baked on at 400 degrees and offers superior protection and longevity to that of paint.
After you’ve done your research and decide First Impression Ironworks is your best choice for custom iron doors or gates, contact us at 602-345-7481 and speak with one of our expert design consultants! We are excited to help you design and create a custom first impression for your home with an Iron Security Door from First Impression Ironworks!