At First Impression Ironworks, January marked an exciting milestone as we opened our doors for a pop-up facility tour, in […]
Home Upgrades That Can Increase the Value of Your Home
Since the collapse of the housing bubble, everyone is worrying about how to make their own home stand out from the crowd and Security doors can add curb appeal to your home. These doors are not only able to make your home safer, they can also add a beautiful aesthetic quality to your home. These doors can be made into a variety of designs and styles but also they provide security as they can be opened to let in air and to provide a view of the outdoors while still keeping the inside of the home safe. This is definitely a great investment on multiple fronts.increase the possible resale value of their house. But exactly which improvements will give you the best return on your investment? Here are some of the best home upgrades that will not only make your home nicer for you, but also improve its chances if you decide to put it on the market.
- In keeping with the safety theme, another great way to improve the value of your home is with adding security features like an alarm system. Many homeowners are putting these in, so it is definitely an added bonus if your home already features one when you put it on the market.
- Bathroom upgrades are another area that can go far towards giving your home more appeal. Anything from new sinks and faucets to improved showers and tubs, these upgrades will definitely add a sense of functionality to your home. But you can also go for style with something like a TV or radio inset in the bathroom or even a fire feature. Many bathroom upgrades today even feature heaters under the tile so that you don’t have to step out of the shower onto a cold floor.
- From the bathroom, move towards the kitchen for some much needed appliance upgrades as well. New refrigerators, ovens, dishwashers and microwaves will not only make your life easier while you are in the home, but they will also add great resale value to the home if you do decide to put it on the market.
- The last indoor upgrade we can recommend would be in the bedrooms, particularly the closets. Closet space is key to a potential buyer and nothing will turn them off faster than a bland closet with little to no features. Look at customizing your closet space by installing racks and shelves to give extra storage space. These can be purchased easily and relatively cheaply at any home improvement store and will go a long way in making those closets more eye-catching.
- The last step you can take in adding curb appeal to your home is with landscaping. Putting in new shrubberies and flowers will do a lot for your property’s look. Also, you can look for larger scale home improvements such as adding an outdoor kitchen or children’s play area or a meditation garden. Any of these features will appeal to potential buyers.
Upgrading your home doesn’t have to be expensive. New security doors and simple upgrades in the bathroom and closets don’t have to cost a fortune. Other upgrades may be on the higher end cost-wise, but they can really benefit you when it comes to making your home more appealing when it comes to reselling it.